IIT Kharagpur has announced the dates, as well as the syllabus for JEE Advanced 2021. The exam will be conducted on 3rd July 2021 (Saturday), via online mode only. Aspirants should be aware that the JEE Advanced exam pattern and syllabus keeps changing every year, and is different from that of JEE Main.
With the detailed syllabus being released on the official website, candidates should carefully adhere to the same while preparing for the exam. You will find the detailed JEE Advanced 2021 syllabus as well as important topics in all the three subjects – Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics below.
JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus for Physics
Students can check all the chapters included in the syllabus for Physics for JEE Advanced 2021 below.
- General Physics (Units and Dimensions, Experimental Analysis)
- Thermal Physics
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Modern physics
JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus for Chemistry
The complete syllabus of Chemistry for JEE Advanced 2021 can be found below. The Syllabus is split up into the three divisions namely – Physical, Organic, and Inorganic Chemistry.
- General Chemistry (Atoms and Molecules, Mole Concepts, Chemical Equations)
- Gaseous and Liquid States
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Bonding
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Chemical Kinetics
- Solid State
- Surface Chemistry
- Nuclear Chemistry
- Isolation/preparation and properties of the following non-metals: Boron, silicon, nitrogen, phosphorus, oxygen, sulphur, and halogens.
- Preparation and properties of the oxides, peroxides, chlorides, carbonates, bicarbonates, hydroxides, and other compounds.
- Transition elements (3d series)
- Ores and Minerals
- Extractive Metallurgy
- Principles of Qualitative Analysis
- General Concepts (Hybridisation, Isomerism, Resonance, Hyperconjugation, Polarity, Structure, Inductive Effects)
- Preparation, Properties and Reactions of Alkanes, Alkenes and Alkynes
- Reactions of Benzene
- Characteristic Reactions of the following (including those mentioned above)
- Amino Acids and Peptides
- Properties and uses of some important polymers
- Practical Organic Chemistry
JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus for Mathematics
The complete syllabus for Mathematics for JEE Advanced 2021 can be found below.
- Algebra (Complex Numbers, Quadratic Equations, Logarithms, Permutations and Combinations)
- Matrices and Determinants
- Analytical geometry (Both 2D and 3D Geometry)
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus
A Brief Analysis of The Important Topics for JEE Advanced 2021
Physics is a very concept-based and application-oriented subject. The understanding of both Class 11th and 12th subjects is equally important, as much of the foundation lies in the Class 11 topics. Although we highly suggest that students have a good grasp of all the topics, there are a few important topics that carry a lot of weightage in the JEE Advanced.
Some of the most important topics based upon past years papers are: Thermodynamics, Optics, Rigid Body Mechanics, EMI, Fluid Mechanics, Rotational Dynamics, Alternating Current, Capacitors, Vectors, Magnetism, Modern Physics.
Unlike the other subjects, Chemistry tends to be practice-oriented, and involves the most memorisation among the three. The weightage usually tends to steer towards Class 12th topics, but there are still very fundamental Class 11th topics students must cover.
If you are having trouble retaining everything this vast subject has to offer, here are the major topics you should focus upon – Chemical Bonding, Equilibrium/Kinetics, Stoichiometry, Aldehydes, Ketones, Carboxylic Acids, Alcohols, Hydrocarbons, Gaseous State, p-block elements and Atomic Structure.
Mathematics is one of those subjects that has a love-hate relationship with many students, however, this is the subject which simply cannot be ignored. The conventional preparation tip is to solve a lot of problems and past year papers.
Most of the topics here are split evenly across Class 11th and 12th, which makes it important to cover both with the same effort. The important topics include – Definite & Indefinite Integrals, Trigonometry, Matrics, Circles, Parabola, 3D-Geometry, Probability, Permutations & COmbinations, Limits & Continuity, Complex Numbers, Series, Sequences.
- Can the JEE Advanced 2021 paper include questions from out of the syllabus?
No. Candidates can be assured that the questions won’t be asked outside of the syllabus. If such an event happens, the authorities are most likely to address that and take appropriate measures, such as awarding bonus marks.
- Who will make JEE Advanced 2021??
Each year, one of the seven in-charge IITs conducts the JEE Advanced exam. For 2021, IIT Kharagpur will set up the question paper, as well as take all the necessary steps to conduct the exam.
- Is the JEE 2021 syllabus reduced?
The JEE Advanced 2021 syllabus is the same as that for the past year, but the exam pattern may be different. In case of any doubt, refer to the extensive list of chapters and topics mentioned above. Keep in mind that the syllabus for JEE Advanced can be different from that of JEE Main 2021.
- Is NCERT enough for JEE Advanced 2021?
No, the questions asked in JEE Advanced are usually beyond the level of NCERT books, and sometimes, the syllabus won’t overlap between the two. On the other hand, NCERT books might be enough for the JEE Main exam.